Before signing up for a volunteer job below, please review all volunteer activity descriptions, expectations, and requirements on our VOLUNTEER INFORMATION page.
Look Up My Volunteer Roles
Need to confirm what you signed up for or review the availability you listed?
Look up your upcoming volunteer shifts here.
Stay tuned for more information soon for an April opportunity at Stevens Pass!
Volunteer registration for camps is now open below.
Summer Camps – Day Camps & Adult Adventure Days
Day Camps are camps for youth with disabilities ages 5 – 17.
Adult Adventure Days are camps for adults with disabilities who are 18 years or older.
In both camps, campers will be on the move enjoying activities that may include rock climbing, kayaking, swimming, cycling, hiking, trips to the zoo, and visits to local parks. To see themes and activities for each week in 2019, review our participant Camp Guide here.
Volunteer Role: Each of our camps are staffed with two to four Outdoors for All summer staff. Volunteers will support staff throughout the week with camp activities and participant supervision.
Time of Year: 11 different camp weeks between June 17th to August 30th
Location: Three camp locations to choose from: Magnuson Park in Northeast Seattle, Lake Sammamish State Park in Issaquah, and Seward Park in South Seattle
- Age: Day Camps: 14 years or older (by first program day); Adult Adventure Days: 16 years or older (by first program day)
- Commitment: Volunteers are needed as full time for the full week (Monday–Friday) from 8:45 AM–3:15 PM daily. We can allow for 1 excused absence, please indicate this day in your availability when you register.
- Transportation: Camps start at 8:45 AM at the park location you sign up for. Volunteers must provide their own transportation to and from the park. Camps end at 3:15 PM at the park. During the day, if participants travel to the zoo, museums, or other locations, volunteers will travel with participants in Outdoors for All vehicles driven by Outdoors for All summer camp staff.
Required Program Training
- New Volunteers: New Volunteer Orientation (new volunteers to Outdoors for All), please sign up under the Volunteer Training Section. All orientations between May–August will be added for sign up in April.
- All Camp Volunteers: Camp Training (held at 8 AM Monday morning of the first camp program day before camps start), no sign up required
- Sign up for a camp week below: There are specific camp weeks that are held for student groups sign up only for MI VOICE and KAOS, so please sign up for any other camp weeks besides these. You can sign up for multiple weeks, but note that you will need to fill out the form again for each week. *After the first time signing up, the next time answer “no” to the question “Is this your first time registering as a Volunteer with Outdoors for All?” to reduce the number of questions.
- Note on Waitlists: Please make note on page 2 in the registration form if the volunteer job says “Available” or “Waitlist”. If the program says “waitlist” you can still register for the waitlist, and if a spot opens we will notify you as soon as a spot opens and no later than 1–2 weeks prior to the start date.
- New Volunteer Orientation: Sign up for one of the required New Volunteer Orientations under the Volunteer Training section if you are new
- Minor Release of Liability: After registration, volunteers who are minors (under 18) must complete or have on file an electronic release of liability with a parent/guardian no later than 2 weeks prior to your shift. If this is not completed, your volunteer spot may be given to someone on the waitlist who has completed it. Please follow the steps in the registration form. *You only need to fill the release out once if you sign up for multiple weeks.
CUSTOM EVENTS (One-Time Events)
Custom Events for spring and summer will be posted in April.