To sign-up for an in-person volunteer training, please refer to the specific volunteer opportunity dropdown menu on a particular volunteer opportunity page. These pages are located by hovering over the “VOLUNTEER” tab at the top of the website.
Our biggest key to successful programs is our numerous volunteers. And the key to preparing and maintaining our volunteer base is the care we take in training our volunteers. Below is a list of current training materials, and useful documents we have made available online. Please feel free to download and use these for your reference. Please note, in most cases, volunteers must register for trainings in addition to volunteer roles.
Here is a list of virtual trainings. The Learning Management System (LMS) we use is Coassemble. Please refer to the “training” section of each volunteer posting to see what is required. Click the below links to access each training. If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch the video below to learn about Outdoors for All’s Learning Management System (LMS) called Coassemble.
WINTER VOLUNTEER MANUAL
GENERAL TRAINING MATERIALS
- PSIA New Instructor Course (FREE to all)
- PSIA The Matrix – More downhill ski/snowboard and xc ski educational videos. Must be a PSIA member to view.
ADAPTIVE TRAINING MATERIALS
- Fundamental Mechanics of Alpine Skiing Across Adaptive Disciplines (current PSIA-AASI manual)
- PSIA Adaptive Snowsports Instruction (old PSIA-AASI manual)
- PSIA-NW Adaptive Certification Downloads
- PSIA-RM Adaptive Encyclopedia (reference only)
- PSIA-RM Adaptive Alpine Level 1 & 2 Exam Materials (reference only)
- Outdoors for All Sit Ski Levels
ALPINE TRAINING MATERIALS
- PSIA-NW Alpine Certification Downloads
- Direct to Parallel Progression
- Movement Analysis Filter
- Ski Drills and Exercises
- Outdoors for All Skier Levels
NORDIC TRAINING MATERIALS
- PSIA-NW Nordic Certification Downloads
- Nordic Trail Etiquette
- PSIA-RM Nordic Handbook (reference only)
SNOWBOARD TRAINING MATERIALS
- AASI-NW Snowboard Certification Downloads
- AASI Adaptive Snowboard Guide
- Outdoors for All Snowboard Levels
WINTER PROGRESS REPORTS