We take pride in the quality of our programs. Our biggest key to successful programs is our numerous volunteers. And the key to preparing and maintaining our volunteer base is the care we take in training our volunteers. Below is a list of current training materials, dates and useful documents we have made available online. Please feel free to download and use these for your reference. Please note, in most cases, volunteers must register for trainings in addition to volunteer roles.
WINTER VOLUNTEER MANUAL
GENERAL TRAINING MATERIALS
- PSIA New Instructor Course (FREE to all)
- PSIA The Matrix – More downhill ski/snowboard and xc ski educational videos. Must be a PSIA member to view.
- PSIA-NW Tech Zone
ADAPTIVE TRAINING MATERIALS
- Fundamental Mechanics of Alpine Skiing Across Adaptive Disciplines (current PSIA-AASI manual)
- PSIA Adaptive Snowsports Instruction (old PSIA-AASI manual)
- PSIA-NW Adaptive Certification Downloads
- PSIA-RM Adaptive Encyclopedia (reference only)
- PSIA-RM Adaptive Alpine Level 1 & 2 Exam Materials (reference only)
- Outdoors for All Sit Ski Levels
ALPINE TRAINING MATERIALS
- PSIA-NW Alpine Certification Downloads
- Direct to Parallel Progression
- Movement Analysis Filter
- Ski Drills and Exercises
- Outdoors for All Skier Levels
- Clinician’s Training with Charley Phelan (Jan 21-22, 2017)
NORDIC TRAINING MATERIALS
- PSIA-NW Nordic Certification Downloads
- Nordic Trail Etiquette
- PSIA-RM Nordic Handbook (reference only)
SNOWBOARD TRAINING MATERIALS
- AASI-NW Snowboard Certification Downloads
- AASI Adaptive Snowboard Guide
- Outdoors for All Snowboard Levels
ON MOUNTAIN TRAINING MATERIALS
- On Mountain Instructor Evaluation
- Quick Guide to Skill Grades
- Sit Ski Check-off Guidelines
- Ski Fundamentals 1-2 Clinic Outline
- Snowboard Fundamentals 1-2 Clinic Outline
- Stand Ski 3-5 Clinic Outline
- Stand Snowboard 3-4 Clinic Outline
- Sit Ski 3-5 Clinic Outline
- Assistant Instructor Clinic Outline
WINTER PROGRESS REPORTS
- Stand Ski Progress Report
- Snowboard Progress Report
- Sit Ski Progress Report
- SKIHAWKS Coach Progress Report
Location: Summit West
On-mountain Clinics are offered to all Winter volunteers who would like to improve their skiing/riding ability as well as learn more about the adaptive components of our programs.
Volunteers who have missed a required training must attend clinics.
For questions about a specific clinic, please email Tisha Achorn, email@example.com
The goal of these clinics is to share additional information to improve your effectiveness as a skier and ski instructor, in a fun and stress-free environment with your fellow instructors.
These clinics will be held every other Thursday from 7-8pm in the Annex of St. Andrews Bar and Grill located at 7406 Aurora Avenue N in Seattle.